Make your 2022 pledge to Namasté!
Namasté Center for Spiritual Living has always been a place where we practice creating a world that works for everyone. Each year, we invite members and congregants that benefit from the richness of this community to set an intention for giving so that we can continue to bring a spiritual home to those seeking healing, love, acceptance, and connection while on this life journey.
WHAT IS A PLEDGE?
A pledge is an estimate of giving; some call it a statement of intent. Your pledge may be what you currently give or maybe an adjusted amount. Your pledge amount may be changed, increased, or decreased during the year, at any time as your financial circumstances change.
We have continued to provide virtual offerings in all of our offerings while moving to in-person attendance for Sunday in March 2021. Namasté has continued to offer:
- Weekly service with message and music
- Weekly connection points and opportunities for spiritual study
- Provided educational classroom opportunities
- Upgraded our streaming technology through outsourcing camera operation with LiveControl
- Continued Practitioner training class
- Opened up Wednesday Nights to include Digging Deeper
- Continued asset sales for surplus equipment, materials, and furniture
- Managed and edited our new website and newsletter
Over the past three years, Namasté has been successful in reducing its debt service, paying off congregant loans, and reducing its facility budget through shared space with the Christ Lutheran Church in Long Beach. Financially, Namasté has accomplished much in moving to a more healthy and nimble financial position.
Your pledge provides a pathway for Namasté to plan its year of programming and support its members and congregants. Our Board of Trustees is committed to functioning in a responsible, expansive, and intentional future, maintaining systems, and fairly compensating our minister. As we move through the year virtually and meet face-to-face, we must be able to plan through budgeting and sound fiscal management. With that, identifying your giving for this year allows us to support our collective effort of investment in our community.
Our initiatives for this year include:
- Continuing to fund a salary strategy including increasing compensation for Sr. Minister
- Increase administrative budget for supplies and technical equipment to reimburse board-donated items
- Support marketing of our Wisdom Education Program
- Hire a technical staff member for Sundays
This year to support our budget, our 2022 pledge program target is $140,000. Our tithes in 2020 were $149,000. We continue with the intention to grow our budget back to greater sustainability. With the advent of COVID, tithes decreased to $120,000 (end of 2020 into 2021) with additional income at just under $10,000.
We are grateful for all the giving during this unique time. The blessing of giving is in our consistency as what we believe is the law returns based upon our consistent practice. We invite you to step into being a regular, committed giver and explore the power of tithing. If you already give consistently, set your intention as your pledge. As board members of this amazing community, we have looked at our own practice and made our 2022 pledge commitment.